Study on “Investment Opportunities in the EU Member States for Thai businesses”
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Royal Thai Government.
The overall goal for Thai-European Business Dialogue (TEBD) is to promote trade and investment opportunities between the two regions. Each sector and country has specific needs that must be met in order for investors to realise their full potential. In particular, promoting investment into the EU countries requires understanding and creating awareness of such opportunities offered.
This study focuses on Thai outbound investment and is supported by Thailand Mission to the EU and the Department of European Affairs under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Royal Thai Government.
- Understanding the various investment policies of the EU countries and their respective promotional schemes. Understanding the role of the EU and its member states in the area of investment.
- Analysing the Thai industries with potential for outbound investment in particularly within the EU countries.
- Providing knowledge on basic infrastructure for investing in the EU countries and conducting a SWOT analysis on the investments in various EU regions by sector for investors.
- Providing recommendations to both Thai and EU public sectors on how to support investments in the EU countries.
Based on initial analysis of the existing data, Thailand would havce the potential to invest in the EU as follows:
- Wood and wood products
- Electrical and electronics equipment
- Rubber and plastic products
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Textiles, clothing and leather
- Food, beverages and tobacco